Saturday, August 18, 2012

Musings About Some Mundane Ordeals


You may have noticed recently that I have not posted an article every three days as I usually do, and that is because things have become really very busy at work. I am right now in the middle of a complex server re-hosting project where the three databases and associated applications that I have previously been tending must be wholly copied and relocated on a new server architecture. Since I had a hand in originally developing much of this overall system, I am a key player in the re-hosting project. We are now in the very middle of this project, responding to all sorts of challenges and I am engaged in its most complicated stage, so I have had little time to write or even contemplate new articles.

Throw in some changing relationship dynamics (all good) and the fact that I recently had to undergo a special medical procedure (for middle aged men) into the mix of my world of work, and you have a recipe for the “perfect storm” of mundane activity. All my resources are taxed and focused on my job, my girlfriend, and all of the necessary domestic chores of keeping house and tending a large yard and garden. I also had to undergo an internal colonic cleansing for my exam, so it has been a very busy week indeed. It all came together starting on Monday and is still proceeding through this weekend, so there won’t very many articles coming out of me for several more days.

I apologize for this lapse, but sometimes the mundane world demands quite a lot of my time and keeps me from writing, which is one of my current and special vices. I have a number of new articles in the planning stages and one that is slowly being written, so you will once again get some interesting articles to read. (I have completed reading a couple more of Ramsey Duke’s books and found a scandalous book written about real life vampires and satanists that points to my blog for corroboration.)  In fact, I have found a treasure trove of ideas recently, but I just haven’t had any time to work them up for you. Amidst this flurry of activity, I am also hosting my elderly father’s visit and having to work a couple of talismanic workings for Venus and Jupiter, so I expect to be pretty busy for a while.

This is a temporary situation, but it may last for a few weeks or so. I will also attempt to post some ideas or short articles in the next week, but I don’t expect things to lighten up for me until after Labor Day. So while I go through this maelstrom of overwhelming mundane tasks, you are invited to examine the index on the left hand side of the blog frame, and read any of my more numerous previous articles arranged by topic.

I am grateful for your readership, your emails and interactions and your patient apprisal of my work. So stay tuned, there will many more articles coming in the future. Also, let me know if there is any topic that you would like me to write about, since I always enjoy taking up a topic provided to me by one of my readers.

Have a great summer, and don’t forget to experience the magick of the outdoors while you still can!

Frater Barrabbas

No comments:

Post a Comment