Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Paganicon 2013 - March 15 - 17


The third annual Paganicon will be held in the Twin Cities this coming weekend. The guest speakers are Brandy Williams and Orion Foxwood. I consider both of these individuals to be quite excellent speakers and a real draw for this year’s convention. I am looking forward to catching at least one of their workshops.

I will be giving a short workshop called “Practical Qabalah in Brief” on Saturday, March 16, at 9:00 am. It will last for an hour. I will also be doing a book signing on Sunday, March 17, at 11:00 am. Unfortunately, I won’t have a lot of time to socialize, attend workshops or do some shopping at the vendor’s room, but at least I will have a little bit of time to do some of these things. Scheduling issues, and the fact that my girlfriend will be out of town most of that day will shorten the time that I can spend there. Last year I paid for a room at the hotel for two nights and got to spend a lot of time at the convention. This year, I will be traveling from home both days and I will have to miss out on the Saturday night ball. It will be good to see some friends that I haven’t seen in quite a few months, and to see if the Twin Cities are ready for a real serious examination of the Qabalah. I will also get see if my book “Magical Qabalah for Beginners” has any legs, since I will be bringing some books with me to sell at the workshop and the book signing.

It is now the ides of March, and there isn’t even a hint of spring yet, which is sort of like the picture above. There is some snow melting during the day, but the nights are bitter cold and the melted snow turns to ice. On Sunday it’s supposed to be cold again, with a high temperature of only 19 degrees F. As is typical up here in the frozen tundra, spring comes slowly, and March is still a winter month for the most part. While I seem to licked most of my physical ailments this winter and I have begun to exercise again, I can’t seem to shake the “blues” that I feel because of the cold and heartless winter endures without a sign of going away. Now all I need to do is to get back into my magick, and perhaps then I will once again experience the warmth of Spirit lighten my earthly burdens. (These things always come in cycles, and it is always important to persevere.)

Once the convention is over, I will write up a short article highlighting some of things that I saw and enjoyed. Until then, have a wonderful weekend and stay warm.

Frater Barrabbas

No comments:

Post a Comment